These vintage earrings stand out for the stunning Bisbee turquoise from Arizona. Each earring consists of an oval shaped stone at the post, as well as a rectangular dangling section. Each of the stones sits in a serrated bezel surrounded by an elegant and impressive silverwork setting, with applied floral designs, feathers or leaves (I tend to think they're leaves given the flowers) and wire scrolls. The stones are stunning, all handcut, and presenting a deep almost teal blue color mixed with the dark gray and chocolate matrix that is the hallmark of this rare turquoise. The Bisbee Mine was originally founded in the mid 1870's but wasn't mined for turquoise until the 1960s. It was a phenomenal copper mine, given the name "The Copper Queen," and it produced gold, silver, lead, and zinc. Other minerals, such as malachite, azurite, and turquoise were all by-products of the main attraction (copper). When turquoise was discovered there in the late 1950s, at the Lavender Pit region of the mine, it was hauled off to a waste area. From a website about how the turquoise finally made it into jewelry: "Individual miners recognized the beauty of the Bisbee Turquoise and would sneak small amounts of the Turquoise out in their lunch boxes and/or whatever other means they could muster. It was not long after Bisbee Turquoise was discovered in the Mine that it was introduced to the Southwestern Jewelry Industry. By the early 1960's, Bisbee Turquoise had become the finest Turquoise the market had ever seen and demand for it went through the roof. Again, the mining of Turquoise at the Bisbee Mine was restricted, and only small amounts were able to be taken out and sold to the Jewelry industry." What I love about the stones in these earrings is that they all display the smoky webbing that is immediately recognizable as Bisbee. The earrings were made in the 1990s by master silversmith Peterson Johnson, "a self-taught Navajo artist who has won numerous awards throughout the Southwest and whose work is sought by collectors around the world. He was born in 1956 and began creating silverwork in 1976. He is very well known for his traditional Navajo jewelry, which shows meticulous workmanship and has a distinctive Peterson flair. Peterson is known among fellow artists as 'the machine' because he is SO meticulous in every detail of his work." One of the earrings carries the artist's hallmark as well as a STERLING stamp on the back.
The earrings measures about 7/8" wide across the widest point by 2-1/8" long and dangle slightly shorter. Weighs 13g each or 26g total. Some small scratches on the back but otherwise in excellent condition.
Rare and collectible turquoise with exquisite silverwork.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For More Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Bracelets and Watches: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance In cases where third party insurer requires Signature, we will add it to the package.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.