Here we have a striking vintage modernist ring made with a largeish faceted quartz crystal gemstone set in a raised smooth bezel, the band wide and seemingly open at the top, squared off where the bezel sits and slightly flared at the other end. Through the loupe we can see the grainy matrix of the gemstone, along with small inclusions that resemble pepper. The hallmarks for the ring have worn off from the inside of the band, and all that's left are the letters SS, possibly to indicate sterling silver. Beautiful piece for anyone who loves a minimalist style with flair, and for anyone who loves this stone that some consider a "master healer." Reiki master Ron Windred spells out why those who work with crystals and use them for healing pursue this clear gemstone: "Quartz Crystal gets its name from the Greek krystallos, meaning ice, as it was thought that Clear Quartz was actually ice formed by the Gods and the word Quartz is attributed to the German word of Slavic origin Quarz, meaning hard. In Australian Aboriginal mythology Quartz Crystal is the material identified as the mystical substance maban (The substance from which the shamans and elders derive their magical powers). Ancient Japanese believed Quartz was formed from the breath of a white dragon, and regarded it as representing perfection. It was commonly located in passage tomb cemeteries throughout Europe and in burial mounds in the Republic of Ireland. The Irish word for Quartz is grian cloch, meaning ‘stone of the sun’. Quartz implements were also used in prehistoric times. Since earliest times Quartz was commonly used for various types of hard stone carving, including rock crystal vases and extravagant vessels... Since the middle Ages, crystal balls made of Clear Quartz have been used to predict the future. Historically this crystal has been employed to counter black magic, to communicate with spirits and other worlds, and to perform diagnostic healing..." Some call Quartz Crystal a “stone of the mind" and use it for focus, and many consider it to be a protective and purifying stone. The ring was made circa 1980s.
The Size 6.25 ring face measures about 1/2" long by 5/8" wide. Weighs 12g. The silver has small scratches in the surface, and I photographed it as found, but I would recommend a light polish before shipping. I don't normally polish vintage jewelry that I sell but this one could use a bit. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.
A powerful stone in a great contemporary design.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More Estate Jewelry: https://bit.ly/2TEJ6rO
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
All items: https://romaarellano.com
5-7 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance In cases where third party insurer requires Signature, we will add it to the package.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.