This five-stone row bracelet is one of the prettiest Fred Harvey Era pieces I've offered, thanks to the natural domed Cerrillos turquoise stones, each a slightly different shade, from deeper green to more blue-green. From a website about this mine: "Mount Chalchihuitl (the mountain in the Cerrillos Mining Disrict) is the site of the largest known prehistoric mining operation and the largest single deposit of turquoise ever found in North America. Native American cultures extensively worked the slopes of Mount Chalchihuitl and Turquoise Hill as early as A.D. 900. From the surface pits and short tunnels and shallow shafts, they recovered large quantities of beautifully colored turquoise stone. Because the prehistoric miners were limited to the use of stone tools, the extent of their mining is remarkable. As a trading commodity, the turquoise from Mount Chalchihuitl found its way throughout the southwest and to Canada and Mexico. After 1300 A.D., members of the nearby San Marcos Pueblo mined and controlled the turquoise deposits. According to legend, Spanish explorer Francisco Coronado sent specimens of Cerrillos turquoise to Spain in 1541 to join the crown jewel collection. And according to other undocumented legends, the Spanish later exploited the mines supposedly using Indian slave labor. These events triggered the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. Pueblo Indians continued to mine the Mount Chalchihuitl and Turquoise Hill deposits until the early 1870’s, when a silver strike attracted an influx of miners who opened a new chapter in the Cerrillos turquoise story. Most miners worked the district’s silver-lead-zinc-gold ores, but others were drawn to the old Indian turquoise mines. Modern mining operations began at Turquoise Hill in 1875 and at Mount Chalchihuitl a decade later. The turquoise occurred as nodules, seams and veins. During the 1880’s, veins as thick as 3 inches were not uncommon. Cerrillos turquoise colors vary considerably; from pure sky blue to blue greens and greens with little blue at all." The turquoise in this bracelet has one green stone that displays very little blue at the green variety with little blue at all, although we also see the more blue-green as well. The piece was made circa 1930s, and like many Fred Harvey pieces, the silver is not very thick, although it is also not super thin. It is all hand-stamped, and the stamping is somewhat crude, which I really love about the piece. We see thunderbirds on each side as well as arrows.
The bracelet measures about 5-1/2" around using a tape measure on the inside, with a 1" gap--so 6-1/2" total. The width is 3/4" across narrowing to 5/8" toward the ends. Weighs 31g.
Highly collectible era and turquoise!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For More Native American Bracelets and Watches: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance In cases where third party insurer requires Signature, we will add it to the package.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.