This sterling silver and turquoise squash blossom necklace is of epic size, weight, quality, and presence. The naja alone fits in the palm of the hand, and each of the ten clusters that form the "squash blossoms" is alone worthy of its own necklace. There are few words I can find to describe the impact of this necklace on one when you see it in person. Yes, I can say "photos do not do it justice," which they do not. And I can call it the "ultimate statement necklace," which it is. I can give you the weight and tell you that the largest squash blossom necklace I've sold was less than half that weight, yet I called that squash blossom necklace "massive"! That's because I had not seen "massive" until I saw this piece. But regardless of what I write, none of it will measure up to the reality of this amazing necklace. So let me instead tell you what I know about it. The necklace came from the estate of a woman with exquisite taste, who at the time she bought it was captivated not only by the size of the piece but more so by the turquoise itself. All high grade American turquoise, the cabochons range in color from creamy blue-green to light blues and light greens to deep greens, much of which is matrixed with warm browns. It is not an exaggeration to say that some of the turquoise hues are not unlike the colors you see when peering across white sands at the Mediterranean or Gulf of Mexico. Although this turquoise is actually mined from land-locked Nevada. The owner was tall and thin, and the necklace did not overwhelm her size, but over the past several years she found herself wearing the piece less and less. We know she bought the necklace from Albuquerque's Gertrude Zachary store, and if you know anything about Native American jewelry shops in Albuquerque, you know that Zachary was a trailblazer and well-known jewelry designer, starting her business in the 1970s. Zachary employed several Native American artisans to bring a more contemporary look and feel to traditional turquoise designs. The 1990s was a period of big jewelry, and certainly squash blossom necklaces had already been through a craze of bigness, since the late 1970s. The piece weighs 578 grams, which is over 20 ounces. It is signed by Navajo artist Darrin Livingston, who started silversmithing at age 13, having learned from father Paul. Of Darrin's work: "A hallmark of Darrin’s jewelry is how is how precisely each piece is constructed and finished. We call this how “clean” the workmanship is. The stones are evenly set into tight fine silver bezels. There are no sharp edges or other careless craftsmanship. His pieces are obviously the work of an artist who takes no shortcuts and whose care for quality of every piece that leaves his studio is professional and complete."
The naja measures 4" wide by 5" long, and each of the twelve clusters is 2-3/4" long by 1-1/2" wide. Two strands of silver beads moving into a single strand toward the top. This necklace is 37" tip to tip, and it hangs when worn to about 20"--which is slightly longer than 37" halved, and that's because of the extra length of the naja. This is a good 5" longer than the standard squash blossom necklace. This piece is best suited for a long torso, male or female. The sterling silver is brushed finish. All turquoise cabochons are well seated. The silver foxtail wire onto which it is strung does have small tails protruding at the top, which I would not clip.
A one-of-a-kind heirloom treasure.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more Native Necklaces and Pendants, Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native American Cuffs and Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
And all items in our shop here: http://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting this shop using our contact information.
• You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from this shop after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about this shop's use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact this Shop
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Roma Arellano and Jim Ransom, as primary owners of this shop, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the physical address of our vintage booth (above) or direct phone number (below).
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due 90 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Please convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.