This AMAZING large wooden Buddha bust came to New Mexico via an antique gallery on the Gulf Shore. It has only been in the Southwest for about a year, was purchased from that gallery at least 20 years ago, and that the owner of that gallery was closing up shop and moving to San Miguel de Allende. The piece is said to be from Thailand, and it does resemble to Ayutthatha style, but it also is similar to Shan gilt wood Buddha statues from Burma. We know it is definitely older than the 20 years when it was purchased from the gallery but we do not know how old it is, whether it was a reproduction or an antique, and we don't pretend to be dealers versed in this region. We do know that it is an amazing decorative piece even if a reproduction, as the Buddha's shoulders, neck, and head are all carved from a single piece of wood, then that bust affixed by screws to the black wood stand. The bust is made of what appears to be a hardwood, gilt over red and black-brown, possibly dry lacquer or in that style. There is a large crack in the wood down the right side of the Buddha's head, which appears to be about 1" deep, likely due to the drying of wood once it was taken out of the more humid climate in which it was originally made. The piece is, however, quite stable and there is room and weight to withstand a deepening of the crack, should that occur.
This piece is just over 22" tall, stand and all--the bust itself being just over 20" of that--by 16" across at the widest point (the Buddha's shoulders) and about 8" deep. The stand measures 14" by 7-5/8", and is more narrow than the bust. Weighs over 18 pounds unpacked and will be double boxed for shipping. NOTE: Given the size, weight, and price, this item is only shipping within the United States.
Wise beautiful Buddha.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more saints and spirits: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770597/saints-santos-spirit
For all hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.