"Frazada" means "blanket" in Spanish, and these wonderfully colorful pieces hail from the Andean countries of Peru and Bolivia. They are handwoven using llama wool, and the colors are beautifully subtle, not just because they are hand dyed with local plants, but also because of age. Each blanket takes anywhere from one to three months to weave. This piece is older, possibly 1950s to 60s, and as many of these blankets are dedicated to certain saints, this one has the words "Virgen Guadalupe" woven into the piece, as well as various iconic symbols. As an older piece, there are some wear issues, such as places where the hem along the edge is loose, or where the blanket has a small bite (note a hole but a nibble that might be the beginning of one). Frazadas are often used as rugs, although I prefer them as blankets or throws, and they are especially suited for making pillows or reupholstery projects.
Measures about 53" square. The colors are beautifully faded, and there are, again, spots of wear. See photos for close ups. If you are looking for a more vibrant frazada, newer and in better condition, please check out this one in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/539916693/large-vintage-bolivian-textile-woven
For a touch of Latin America in your home.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.