At a pawn shop in the Four Corners region, I found two pairs of earrings, both needlepoint and both by the same artist. One was multi-stone and sold shortly after I listed it, and the second was this pair, all turquoise, and super gorgeous. Made by renowned Navajo artist Johnson Yazzie, they feature thirteen narrow and long cabochons of light blue turquoise, likely Sleeping Beauty. You can see the hand shaping of the stones, which is a feat itself given the extremely narrow sawtooth bezels into which the stones are placed. Not surprising that the earrings are gorgeous, as Yazzie is known for his artistry. From a Wikipedia entry on the artist: "Yazzie Johnson was born October 25, 1946 in Winslow, Arizona. His father, Matthew Johnson, was from Leupp, Arizona and his mother, Marilyn, was from Sanostee, New Mexico, both from the Navajo Nation. Both his parents worked for the Bureau of Indian Affairs Inter-Mountain Indian School in Brigham City, Utah where he met Gail Bird at age fourteen. He was influenced at an early age by one of the teachers at the School, Dooley D. Shorty, who was a silversmith (and had been a Navajo Code Talker in World War II). Johnson enlisted in the U. S. Army in 1966 and served in Germany and Vietnam. He studied at University of California Berkeley and the University of Colorado at Boulder."
The earrings measure 1-1/2″ long by 13/16" wide at the widest point. The silver plate onto which the stones are set has a series f raindrops in the background, and a beautiful natural oxidation that comes from the passing of time. I do not recommend cleaning the earrings at all, as that oxidation adds not only depth but also mystery. Signed on the back by the artist.
Beautiful needlepoint--one of the most beautiful forms of Native American artistry.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770535/native-american-triba
And all items in our shop here: http://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.