Here we have a super sweet Old Pawn channel inlay heart pendant strung on a hand-crafted two-strand turquoise heishi necklace. The pendant did not originally come on this heishi strand, yet I loved the look and combined them. And they're a great match, in part because the heart pendant turquoise is quite old and has changed color over time, and what really stands out is the creamy sky blue that is especially noticeable as it matches the color of the heishi. The other reason I wanted the two together was that the pendant is such classic hippie style--trues 60s to 70s style--which was an era when we wore lots of choker length and short necklace length heishi. And so the two are meant to be paired. While the turquoise in the pendant is natural, that of the heishi is likely block turquoise, which is manufactured in blocks and often has crushed or powdered turquoise. Even with block turquoise, creating heishi beads as these is quite challenging. From the Santa Fe Collectors Guide: "A string of good heishi will have a uniform consistency. If you gently pull it through your hand, it should feel like a single serpent-like piece." It may look like it's done by a machine, but: "The truth is, if it seems exquisitely perfect, it was most likely made by the hands of a highly-skilled, extremely patient craftsperson."
The turquoise strands measure about 17-1/2", tip to tip, which means that is the longest it will fall. But the necklace can be worn on a shorter link, and shortened to just beyond 15". The pendant is in great vintage condition, as are the heishi.
Great classic 1960s to 70s look--perfect for today!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://etsy.me/2i6eFIO
And all items in our shop here: http://etsy.me/2i6kcyY
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.