Here's another listing that had an interesting backstory regarding a small business, no longer existing. I just love when I can actually find information about some of these places, as they are so small, they're like today's makers who often are a one- or two-person show. Here's what I wrote: This vintage photo locket is from a small and short-lived family owned business called Pididdily Links, founded in around 1969 and closed by 1996. Elise Pittelman met her future husband and co-business-owner in 1961 at the age of 13 at summer camp. By her early 20s, Elise was making her own jewelry, which people would ask to buy off of her whenever she wore it. With husband Steve (the boy from summer camp) they launched the business, making the jewelry in their family home with a handful of employees and selling it via boutiques and some larger retail stores. Elise used brass findings based on antique designs, and she especially scoured for Czech glass beads from before WWII. They also had reproduction Czech glass beads made since they authentic ones were in limited supply. We know this necklace was post 1977 from the tag, which says Kingston, NY, as that is the year that Pididdly Links became big enough that it was moved out of the family home in the Catskills to a building in Kingston. By the 1980s, competition from abroad had cut into business profits, plus in an interview Elise talks about a big mortgage and mounting bills--all resulting in a decision to close Pididdly Links and sell what remained to two employees who modified the name. That new version only lasted another couple of years. This costume jewelry locket would be perfect for a granddaughter or daughter to get them started loving vintage jewelry. It's circa 1977 to early 1990s. although made to look older, and while it does have a small stubborn tarnish spot on the front, it's still in good condition, a testament to the quality that it's makers put into their small business.
The pendant measures 1-1/4" wide by 1-3/8" tall including the ornate frame around the locket. The locket itself is closer to 3/4" wide by 3/4" tall at the tallest point. The chain measures about 18". Other than a tarnish spot on the front, which I've tried to capture in photos, in good vintage condition.
Because you're never too young to love vintage.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For Native American necklaces: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf<br /> And all items in our shop here: http://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting this shop using our contact information.
• You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from this shop after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about this shop's use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact this Shop
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Roma Arellano and Jim Ransom, as primary owners of this shop, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the physical address of our vintage booth (above) or direct phone number (below).
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due 90 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Please convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.