This is a beautiful and old necklace featuring three pieces connected via a handmade link chain, each of the three sections done in absolutely beautiful petit point settings. Everything about this piece is fine and dainty--the silver base onto with the turquoise is set is not overly heavy but quite light and lovely. The chain is all hand formed and is not too long--the piece is meant to sit in the collarbone area of the neck. But most of all the artistic work in cutting and handshaping the natural blue green turquoise--into quite small tear drops that are the hallmark of petit point. These pieces were made often as an alternative to the heavy squash blossom, for people who wanted artistry without the heaviness. The handmade chain tells us is pre-1970s and can be as old as 1920s. We think it is likely 1950s. Although the piece is not signed--and most old pieces are not--we believe this is Zuni; however, since it is not signed we cannot say for certain that it is Zuni.
The necklace measures 16-3/4" in length including the clasp. The center piece is 1-1/2" wide by just over 3/4" tall. The smaller pieces to the sides are each almost 1" wide at the widest point by just under 1/2" tall. The silver carries a lovely patina. Is not stamped yet does not magnetize. Some small scratches on the back from age and wear. Otherwise in good vintage condition.
Beautiful piece of a vanishing history.
Visit our Native American section here: http://bit.ly/2pWrLPx
And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.