Here we have a gorgeous old silver bead necklace, in a modernist style that was extremely popular in the 1940s to 1960s. This style came from Spaniards in the New World (what now includes Old and New Mexico), which they shared with Navajos, who call their pieces "Navajo Pearls." At the height of popularity, even large department stores got into the fashion trend and started producing these kinds of bead necklaces. I've had several vintage bead chains like this, but this is one of the oldest and most beautiful, with smaller and much heavier beads than what I've found. This comes directly from an old pawn shop in the Four Corners region of New Mexico, and since it is not signed we cannot say with certainty that it is Native American; however, given the weight of the beads, and the quality of craftsmanship, we do believe they are Navajo.
The necklace measures about 18" in length and has a single larger bead in the center, and three round (versus the compressed style) on each end. The majority of beads measure 1/4" across and the largest in the center is 7/16". The beads are threaded onto a silver cord. There are places where there is dark tarnish, especially where the beads touch one another. This is exactly the type of patina that you aim for with these beads, in this case naturally created, and so I will not polish the necklace and encourage the new owner to also leave that patina.
A vanishing piece of history.
Visit our Native American section here: http://bit.ly/2pWrLPx
And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.