Here you have the option to select from among five small gourd ornaments--depending on availability--featuring Mimbres style designs in black with turquoise color and copper color paint. The pieces are finished in a smooth high gloss, which deepens the color of the gourds. Small wires are firmly secured into the gourds for hanging. You can hear the dried seeds inside some of the gourds. As the pieces are unsigned, or signature obscured over time, we cannot say for sure that they are Native American made or Mexican; hence, we call them Native inspired.
The five are all different sizes and shapes and designs. Buy one, a combination, or all. You may only select from available ornaments. The three shorter gourds are each $22 and the two longer ones are $24 each. The gourds and their descriptions are:
• Frog (first gourd in Photos 1 and 5): Measures about 4" tall from the top of the eye hook to the base of the gourd. Features a toad with a long squiggly tongue and webbed froggy toes. Has a criss-cross pattern on its back and dots inside the diamonds created by the hatchmarks.
• Fish (Photo 2 left): Measures about 4-1/2" tall from the top of the eye hook to the base of the gourd. Features a fish with teeth and eye and gills, plus a criss-cross pattern on its side and dots inside the diamonds created by the hatchmarks.
• Musician S(hort) (Photo 2 right and first gourd in Photo 3): Measures about 4-1/2" tall from the top of the eye hook to the base of the gourd. Musician appears to be sitting while playing, and has a dot pattern on her skirt.
• Antelope (Photo 4 left): Measures about 4-3/4" tall from the top of the eye hook to the base of the gourd. Antelope has wide horns that look like floppy ears and a diamond on its side with five dots inside.
• Musician L(ong) (Photo 4 right): Measures about 5" tall from the top of the eye hook to the base of the gourd. Musician is standing while playing, and has zig-zag borders on dress.
A touch of the Southwest for your tree.
See my other vintage folk art here:
And see all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.