Here we have an exquisite pair of sterling silver articulating dangle earrings that feature huge faceted amethysts with 14kt gold raindrops mixed in with sterling silver--all by collectible Navajo artist Alvin Monte. Monte is represented by three significant Santa Fe galleries, which have this bio: "This fine jeweler works in both gold and silver, often making his own stamping tools. He likes to embellish his metalwork with various stones, including amethysts and garnets, for a luxurious effect. Although his parents were silversmiths, he is self-taught. The inspiration for designs can come to him in dreams, he says, or from petroglyph or Pueblo designs. The execution, however is often more symbolic than realistic, resulting in modern, rather than traditional, designs."
These earrings embody the modern, luxurious aesthetic for which Monte is known. Both are signed with the artist's name, as well as STERLING and 14K stamps. I can't stress enough just how gorgeous these pieces are. Monte's current work commands big prices for much more basic type of metal work. I can't find any current jewelry that equals the kind of artistry and gemstones that these earrings offer.
The earrings measure about 1/2" wide at the widest point by 1-1/2" long. The amethyst gemstone is a teardrop with the point toward the bottom and is about 1/4 across at the widest point. The amethyst that hangs is also a teardrop, this one with the point toward the top, It is 3/8" across by 5/8" long and 1/4" deep. Note that when the earrings hang, the dangling gem leans ever so inward, which when seen from the front and side self corrects (see Photo 2). The silver has some small scratches and a lovely patina, which I would take care in not removing.
A new generation--luxurious and highly collectible.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://etsy.me/2i6eFIO
And all items in our shop here: http://etsy.me/2i6kcyY
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.