I love artichokes, and so I just had to have this completely unique oversized ceramic artichoke that's been painted a dark gray-brown-black undercoat with silver leaf on top. In 1635, the artichoke was chosen by French artist Abraham Bosse to symbolize taste in a series of paintings depicting the five senses. The painting shows a huge artichoke in a raised dish, with a lady stretching out her hand to remove the first leaf. And so this oversized artichoke is so fitting to set on a rustic farm table, centerpiece for a feast, or on a mantel, with its depth and presence.
The piece is about 7" wide or 22-1/4" around taking a soft tape measure around artichoke's widest part, and is about 13-1/2" long from the tip to the bottom of the stem (although keep in mind that measuring a giant artichoke is more art than science). It weighs about 3 pounds and will be double-boxed, which accounts for the shipping cost. The silver leaf has worn off--the way silver and gold leaf do, which is really more like a peeling effect--in plenty of places, especially at the top, revealing the dark undercoat. There are spots where the edge of an artichoke leaf has chipped, all of which have been smoothed down for the most part and touched up to blend in. As with many ceramic pieces, you can hear the plug or small piece of ceramic that got left inside during the process of making the piece, and that will make a small noise if you shake or move the artichoke around. It's not an inner chip, but rather a natural part of hollow redware pottery-making.
Bringing great taste to your home--the artichoke!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For other boho funk: https://www.etsy.com/shop/romaarellano?section_id=17496293
And all shop items: https://www.etsy.com/shop/romaarellano
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.