Here we have an authentic old traditional Mexican folk art chair with rush seat, ladder back, and finials, painted in dark blue with small vignettes on white backgrounds: the sleeping hombre, agave, cactus. Although the deep blue paint is weathered and stained, you can still see the hint of painted gold color highlights.
The chair measures 17-1/2" wide by 15" deep and 36" high. This chair has plenty of wear over the years, including places where the wood was either originally uneven or perhaps was splintered and sanded later, and lots of paint specks and areas where the paint has worn away. The rush seat has a couple of straw strands that have broken and lifted up, which have since been glued down. Even so, the the chair is solid and sound and not rickety. Warning, however: Do not let your overweight Uncle Pat sit on the chair if you want to keep this for years to come! Do not lean back in it. This will only last as long as you cherish it and treat it well.
Proving that time does create rustic beauty.
The shipping rate quoted in this listing is a placeholder only
Please contact prior to purchase to arrange shipping
Continental US Shipping is Greyhound with PICKUP at the bus station nearest you. Contact us for home delivery rates, if you prefer that option. International customers: please contact for shipping rates. The shipping rates quoted are a placeholder only.
3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.