This circa 1970s turquoise cuff bracelet is big, bold, and stunning. It features a huge turquoise stone from the Pilot Mountain mine located in Western Nevada. The stone is uncommon thanks to that natural indentation, a smooth wave through the surface--something the artist chose to feature, as it does convey the essence of turquoise as geological formation. Pilot Mountain began as a copper mine by the name Troy Springs and Montezuma Turquoise. A website states that Pilot Mountain is "... one of the gem mines made famous for its extremely rare ability to form dendrites (manganese plant fossil replacements) in the Turquoise. The Pilot Mountain mine also produces some very high grade spiderweb stones, with interesting web matrix patterns that include red, brown, and black colors. It is a hard stone and so it takes a good shine that retains color longer and is resistant to skin oils." The stone in this cuff has a nice polish yet is natural and presents in blue-green with a warm colored matrix that is varied--we see some sections that are a tight microweb with the turquoise color coming through like small dots. Other parts of the matrix are more opaque and darker brown, and yet others like a splash of coffee. The stone is set into a serrated bezel, surrounded by rope wire and then another carved silver border. The whole foundation sits on a heavy split wire shank of six wires, and along the sides are "wings" or lined decorative elements with stamped starbursts at the top. We know this piece was well worn as some of that stamping on the side has been rubbed down. The fact that this a smaller sized cuff means that even though some cuffs have a bigger face, this one has an almost warrior feel as the person who ultimately wears it will have a petite wrist.
The cuff measures about 2-1/4” tall across top to bottom. Taking a soft tape measure along the inside, the length is 5-1/8" plus an about 1" gap or a total of about 6-1/8". Weighs a whopping 112g, which mind you, some squash blossom necklaces approach that weight. Carries no stamps or hallmarks. We believe it is Navajo made.
A true statement piece that showcases gorgeous natural turquoise.
Note that due to lighting plus monitor settings for brightness, contrast and other factors, there may be differences in the colors and tones of photos versus that of the actual item. Please message with questions and I will respond as soon as possible.
For More Native American Bracelets and Watches: https://etsy.me/2pFfdd1
Native American Earrings: http://etsy.me/2BPa5dG
Native American Rings: http://etsy.me/2ERUBZh
Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://etsy.me/2CijkUR
Native Belts and Bolos: http://etsy.me/2EQCz9F
All items: https://www.etsy.com/shop/romaarellano
3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance.
• Any package valued at $250 or more will require Signature upon delivery. Third Party insurer requires Signature in certain cases, so please do not ask that we ship without Signature as this creates a risk we are not willing to take.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.